West Nile Virus RNA

Shylirin shylirin1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 05:38:02 EST 2003

I don't know of any sources since I have to send all West Nile testing to a
reference lab... sorry!  I assume you have tried calling the company that
manufactured the PCR assay to see if they recommend a control... barring
that, I would recommend a Google search as well.  I found several
laboratories there that are running a WNV RT-PCR assay and may be able to
help.

Good Luck,
Shylirin MT(ASCP)
"jaymone" <jaymone at paonline.com> wrote in message
news:BBD8481A.B14%jaymone at paonline.com...
> I am looking for a source of West Nile Virus RNA for use as a positive
> control for RT-PCR.  Does anyone know of such a source?  All I need is a
few
> micrograms of purified RNA.  I don't have the BSL-3 facilities to grow the
> virus myself.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Jay Mone'  Ph.D
>
> ---

---