Computers???

Michelle Waycott mitch at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 8 21:40:12 EST 1992

Well,  I am very interested to see in this discussion a lack of comment
on how Men use computers.

The department that I work in has a (far) greater proportion of males in
research/academic positions.  It is interesting that it is predominately
the women that are the main computer users and who have any committment
to using the facilities available to them.  Perhaps it is because they
are younger (generally).

I must say however that in general there is a lack of COMMUNICATION
about the facilities that are available to ALL people in biology here.
Is this a common thing?
Or are we just unusually isolated here?

Mitch

	mitch at uniwa.uwa.edu.au