Getting women to use computers

Graeme graeme at franklin.cc.utas.edu.au
Tue Dec 15 15:10:08 EST 1992

ah690549 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu (Annette C. Hollmann) writes:

>In article <1992Dec3.224639.19678 at news.columbia.edu> dan at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu (Daniel Zabetakis) writes:
>>
>>   One problem that often comes to mind is how to get more female biologists
>>interested in computers and networks.
>>That has been my experience. I also think that women in general have a not
>>so slight aversion to computers.

>my foot!

(deleted bits)

>Annette
>ah690549 at mbcr,bcm.tmc.edu

Maybe to alter the thread here slightly,
preferences for using the computer and/or indulging in inter-personal
communication may be a relevent factor;
some have suggested that differing spatial ability and mathematical
reasoning abilities between the sexes may be a factor.
An interesting article has appeared in the September 92 Scientific
American (p. 80) on these latter points. (It compared results from
high and low testosterone males & females, interesting).
Graeme.