Needed Women in Science and Math

meyers at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu meyers at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Sat Nov 7 14:59:59 EST 1992

My name is Owen Meyers and I am teaching a course at the Borough of
Manhattan Community College for high school girls who have an interest
in math and science. We are trying to give them an appreciation for
the variety of career choices that they have open to them.
I am hoping there are some woman in the New York City area who
would be interested in speaking informally to this group. We are trying
to arrange for three woman to speak to them about non-traditional
careers: math, science, engineereing,computer programming, etc., any
career that would not normally be considered as "traditional female", this is
indeed a board range. The first informal talk is on Decemeber 12, a Saturday
from 9:30 to 12:30 with a lunch to follow. I realize this is not very
much notice.
We are then having a careers day to be held on May 26, 1993. I am
recruiting for that as well, if you or anyone you know may be intrested please
contact me Owen Meyers, at my e-mail address or call Dr. Sandra
Rumayer at BMCC, her phone number is 212-346-8527. Dr. Rumayer will also be
able to give any information on the program itself.
Thank You,
Owen Meyers
E-MAIL ADDRESS: meyers at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
                phone number 212-263-7779