joint positions

Candace Timpte ctimpte at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Sun Nov 8 15:40:34 EST 1992

	Regarding family and jobs, my husband (who is also in science) and
I would like to consider a joint faculty position. We're both in the
fast-moving and competitive field of molecular biology and thought that
sharing a position might solve some of the research/family time dilemma.
Does anyone have information on how amenable departments are to this
arrangement, how to set it up, and will NIH fund faculty in joint
positions? Additionally, my credientials are stronger than my spouses,
so should I apply individually and talk about the possibility of a shared
position at the interview or apply as a two-scientists-for-the-position-
of-one deal? I'm afraid we wouldn't  even be considered.
thanks,
Candace Timpte   ctimpte at bio.indiana.edu