Thanks...

kominos at JKDEC.ROCKEFELLER.EDU kominos at JKDEC.ROCKEFELLER.EDU
Tue Oct 27 11:02:13 EST 1992

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my query about children.
I found it fascinating that a number of people who responded were married
to or had SO's who were scientists.   I'm also married to a scientist who
is quite wonderful.  He's always been very supportive of my career and
I hope that when I do have children (I have been bit by the "want
to have children bug"), he will play a large part in their upbringing.

Annette mentioned that she's a grad student and her place looks like
ground zero.  I have a house - it still looks like ground zero.  I think
that there are a number of expectations that we have of ourselves that
aren't realistic.  One of them is that we can't do everything.  I wish
my house was spotless and looked like an add from house & garden, but,
to my mother-in-law's dismay, it's not.  Something's got to give
when you have so many responsibilities (as scientists do).  Just take
care of yourself.  That's the one thing I've learned.  If you don't
take care of yourself and your health, no one's going to do it for you.

Finally, there was a message that may not have been posted through
the network that I have been requested to post.

Thanks,
Dorothea Kominos