getting emotional

PORTH_ADAM_BOULET portadam at CWIS.ISU.EDU
Wed Aug 4 23:26:21 EST 1993

My advisor is a women and I'm sure she would be disappointed if I didn't
point out that a great way of venting/dealing with incredible emotional
stress is SOCCER!  Something physical with a group of people will allow
oneself to release pent up emotion in a controlled and productive way.
Incidentally, she's knocked me down a few!  One thing to remember
is the key word-group.  When people (outside oneself) are causing
emotional strain it helps to vent it on other people (in a controlled
manner of speaking).
At least this is
how I approach the problem...realize that I'm not a therapist of any
sort...but I am quite emotional and can empathize with emotional people.
Adam