getting emotional

Rachel Ruhlen RLR453S at vma.smsu.edu
Wed Aug 4 21:11:11 EST 1993

In article <16C1BDC5C.SIMMS at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
SIMMS at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>In article <1993Jul30.184506.18198 at ncsu.edu>
>samodena at csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu (S. A. Modena) writes:
>
>Are you nuts, Steve?*some really good trouncing deleted*
>   It takes a _very_ long and rigorous training to suppress crying
> -- something you guys had the benefit (?) of starting early.
 *more trouncing deleted*
>Did this note make you upset?  I just realized after writing it that it
>
>would probably upset me if I were the receiver, and then I wasn't going to
>send it.  However, I realized that what I wrote is a pretty good example
>of why it's good for people to cry first before responding to things that
>make them angry.  I would have cooled down and written a less inflammatory
>message.  So I decided I should send this as is and demonstrate.
*claps*  I was unable to log on for a few days after posting my original messag
e.  Since I usually read my e-mail first, I was forewarned of Steve's reply.  A
 few times.  So it didn't make me mad as it would have if it had surprised me.
 There's not a lot I can add in my defense that hasn't been said here, other th
an no, I don't cry to manipulate people, Steve.  Didn't I mention in the first
person that I was embarrassed to cry and didn't exactly view crying as a desire
d alternative?  But Steve aside, thank you to all who responded positively here
and on e-mail.  I appreciate the suggestions and support and feel a lot more co
nfident about dealing with this in the future as I know I will have to.
Rachel