clarification about subscriber information

Cassandra Smith clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU
Wed Aug 25 15:57:13 EST 1993

I think that introducing ourselves is a good way to start to see who is out
there. Contrary to what you may believe I do not know who subscribes to
women-in-bio. Furthermore, there are many more people listening through USENET;
thus, it is not even possible to know. I can say that many anonymous ears are
listening.  The only way to find out is for people to identify themselves and
their interests. I will do that for myself in a separate posting.

I would be willing to start of file of women who are interested in
networking and mentoring.  I can remember one previous request for
help with some ?high school students. I am not sure what the outcome
was. Perhaps someone could fill me in.

There are a number of ways that we could make a database and I would
welcome suggestions, especially if anyone has had some experience
beginning something like this.

Cassandra Smith
clsmith at darwin.bu.edu

P. S. Also I would like to remind everyone that this is a public
network even though you may be writing to it in the privacy of your
own home. It is important to be courteous and polite and,in many
cases, the best way to deal with inappropriate messages is let them
die without acknowledging them (as everyone did a few days ago to a
message that seems to have been posting on many boards).