clarification about subscriber information

Diqui LaPenta diqui at
Wed Aug 25 18:07:47 EST 1993

In article <9308252057.AA17663 at> clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU (Cassandra Smith) writes:
>I think that introducing ourselves is a good way to start to see who is out

I have posted before, but never properly introduced myself.  My name is
Diqui La Penta, and I am starting my fifth (and final) year of the Ph.D.
program here at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.  My project involvesmolecular pathogenesis of Streptococcus pyogenes.  Initially, I studied the
transcriptional regulation of surface protein virulence factors, but I really
hated RNA work.  Now, I'm geared more toward determining which factors are
responsible for the recurrence of serious streptococcal diseases (i.e.
rheumatic fever and toxic shock-like syndrome) beginning in the late 1980's.

>I would be willing to start of file of women who are interested in
>networking and mentoring.

I would very much be interested in networking.  At this "late" juncture in my
graduate career, I still haven't a clue as to what I really want to do with
this blasted degree!  I posted here with that plea for suggestions, and I
received many helpful responses. I am looking to do something other than
tethering myself to a lab bench and writing for grant money.

>Cassandra Smith
>clsmith at

Thanks, Cassandra, for your offer to get this file going!!!

Diqui La Penta
diqui at