flame dousing

Lisa C. Lewis lcl at splinter.coe.northeastern.edu
Tue Feb 2 10:49:23 EST 1993

In article <9302020055.AA15451 at net.bio.net> MCCAINKW at DUVM.BITNET (Kate McCain) writes:

   So let me offer a new (or retreaded?) topic -- which some of us who are old
   enough will recall as a basic issue in the early days of the feminist
   movement -- what IS the status of male participation on this list?  Are

I for one would very much like to hear from whomever has cogent thoughts to
contribute - regardless of gender.  And if there be rabid exclusionists
among us, they might remember that one can best succeed in the face of
opposition precisely by understanding the thinking of that opposition.
(Not that I personally see things in such an antagonistic light, and indeed
hope that none of us do.)

Especially given that this is ostensibly a group of scientific types, it
would only seem we'd want as many data points as possible!

Cheers,
  Lisa Caroline
--
Lisa Caroline Lewis                 Our country, right or wrong.
lcl at cs.bu.edu      -or-             When right, to be kept right;
                  	             - Carl Schurz, January 17, 1872