grad advisors

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Sat Feb 20 05:14:21 EST 1993

browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca (Stuart Brown) writes:

>Someone posted an excellent article on how to choose a grad advisor
>(I think it was in this newsgroup). I meant to save it and send it
>to my wife, who is just now starting rotations at Cornell, but I
>lost it.  Could the poster please re-post or send me a copy by e-mail.
>
>	Thanks  -Stu

>--
>Stuart M. Brown                             If you can remain cool when all
>U. of Manitoba, Dept. Plant Science         Around you are in panic,
>Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA
>browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca            Then you surely misunderstand the situation

Here is how to get back issues of the newsgroups.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at net.bio.net

How do I find back issues of BIOSCI postings?

The BIOSCI node at net.bio.net maintains the entire collection of
BIOSCI/bionet messages.  They are available via WAIS (biosci.src and
biology-journal-contents.src) and anonymous ftp from net.bio.net
[134.172.2.69].  Gopher retrieval will also be available soon.
Contact biosci at net.bio.net for further help.  If you do not have WAIS
software running locally, but do have access to the Internet, try

telnet quake.think.com

and login in as "wais" to experiment with the software.  Both of our
WAIS sources, biosci.src and biology-journal-contents.src, may be
selected from the menu for searching.

All the Bionet newsgroup postings since December 1991 are stored for
Gopher searching and retrieval and anonymous ftp archive at
ftp.bio.indiana.edu, the IUBIO archive maintained by Don Gilbert.  The
ftp directory in the anonymous account is usenet/bionet.