lack of posts

Julian Smith jsmith at epas.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 21 03:19:57 EST 1993

Dear Women-in-Bionetters:

  Well, I've often wondered about the lack of postings in this
newsgroup too!  I assumed it was just the summer, and most people were
on vacation, or away from school, or whatever (I am).  I am a
historian of science and technology, quite interested in issues of
science and gender, which is one of the reasons I've been quietly
monitoring the group for so long.  But I have not bothered to
contribute anything as I am a male, and I don't know if you have any
policy excluding male posts on a womens' newsgroup.  I cannot be of
any use regarding modern biological topics, but if any of you have
questions or requests concerning the _history_ of biology, I'd be
happy to try to oblige, to the best of my limited ability.
 (_)_______________________________________________________________________)
   | Julian A. Smith  (jsmith at epas.utoronto.ca or ihpst at epas.utoronto.ca)  |
   | Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology    |
   | University of Toronto     voice: (416) 978-5047  fax: (416) 978-3003  |
   | Department of History, Ryerson Polytechnical University               |
   | 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario           voice: (416) 979-6203 |
   | Editor, HOST: An Electronic History of Science and Technology Journal |
   | "Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est"     " Knowledge itself is power." |
   |                  -Francis Bacon (1561-1626), _Religious Meditations_  |