You piss me off!

SIMMS at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu SIMMS at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 31 15:26:27 EST 1993

Steve--

  obviously you and Una both missed the point of my note.  I don't like
abuse.  I particularly don't like it when the person hides behind the
guise of "your own good".  That's the major point.  anything else is
just a side issue.  I don't believe I was abusing Una.  I believe I was
just telling her what I thought.
     if Una didn't mean this as abuse and was not trying to get people to
fit into a mold of what she thinks they should be then I am mistaken, but i
think not.  I am not really trying to trash Una's opinion, just the way she
presented it.
  Do you read this newsgroup because you can't get enough of Oprah?
(my goodness that was an inflammatory remark too -- I suppose that I only
made one here and you made many is not really an excuse, but it does make
one wonder about your intentions.  If you're just here to stir up trouble
I will stop responding to what you have to say, but I thought I should at
least give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you a chance to
respond intelligently.)

Sorry about the account mixup.  I'm not Lowell.
                                 Laura Simms
                                @vmd.cso.uiuc.edu
(And no I have not been lurking -- just haven't had occasion to say
much until now.  Actually only just got here recently.  And I may be
leaving soon.  If the level of conversation here does not evolve beyond
abuse and needling, I'm probably going to find better things to do
with my time.  Science, for example.  Now there's a thought.)