You piss me off!

S. A. Modena samodena at csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Sat Jul 31 13:49:39 EST 1993

In article <16C1B11D43.LOWELL at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu> LOWELL at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>If you don't want to read the stuff in this news group, then don't read it.
>I think it's pretty appalling that you would trash people so badly for
                     ^^^^^^^^^                ^^^^^           ^^^^^
>coming out and asking for information on how to deal with various
>problems.

The "problems" that you refer to make Oprah a fortune (about $37M/yr).

You all should watch Donahue/Oprah/Jesse/etc....each day *female* VICTIMS
are paraded...but how many shows are devoted to inviting
women-of-accomplishment?  ;^)  Let's say a show on FEMALE molecular
biologists...or female CEO's...or female chiefs-of-police....or female
anything-that-requires-hard-work-and-accomplishment-leading-to-triumph?
Why do Donahue/Oprah/Jesse/etc persist in their roman circus (see Satyricon
to really understand the roman circus)...because it sells! And why does it
sell? Just look at *who* is the intended audience!

Some months back Erika make the mistake of disparaging POLITICAL
CORRECTNESS and the sky fell on her.  "Women" came crawling out from lurking
in the wood work to dump on her.....like Una, Erica had said the
forbidden....therefore she was comdemmed for "trashing" her *sisters.*

I contend that an analysis of the traffic in bionet.women-in-bio would
identify some suitable condidates for Oprah and Jesse....I can see the
scandal theme now: female AIBS attendee was irritated by a male graduate
student that keep asking her about "what's your major" "who's your major
professor" "what's your sign" ...etc
...not realizing that his presumption of her sexual
orientation was mistaken.....or worse, his presumption of her orientation
was correct AND he's married!

<BTW, there are Usenet groups whose charter specifically accomodates just
these major worries of life..... alt.oprah.show>

> .... You don't have to read it, you don't have to respond (it's
>not your responsibility), and you certainly don't have to abuse and
>browbeat the very people who you are wishing would rise up and be
>strong.

This has the distinct flavor a Stalinist tirade...but then I'm mentioning
someone and a vogue that you are too young to appreciate.

Of course during the Viet-Nam War, a widely seen bumper sticker was:

	America...Love it or Leave it!

Una asks: how can you rise up, if you constantly wallow in self-pity; and how
can you be strong, if you claim constantly to be a "victim" because someone
doesn't obey your unilateral
Laws-Governing-The-Femininst-Controlled-Universe?  (Disclaimer: Those are
my paraphrases, not hers...she would be more elegant and incisive.)

>   You're doing very little good with that last lengthy post of yours.

So reread your own post again, and ask: what have I accomplished that is
positive, constructive, truthful...and occasionally, profound?

>From now on I probably won't be able to take seriously anything you say.

This is great!  At least you know enough of Una, PRIOR to this public
insult, to actually recognise her name!  Notice that you forgot to sign your
post.....possibly because you are such an inveterate lurker that NO ONE
knows you, NO ONE knows what you do, NO ONE knows your opinion, NO ONE cares
if you net-exist?  Una never fails to append her name-signature...and believe
me, Una is known far and wide...in the greater Internet world.

Who did you say you were, Ms Nobody?

(Yes folks, I'm IMfamous too.)

>......brains?

>Why not leave this news group to those of us that actually use our
>brains?

Speaking of using one's brain....let's do a grep on whoever you are and get
some statistics on how you use your brain on the net.

Since you are critiquing Una, the comparative scoring is going to turn out
to be someting like:  Lions -- 10, Martyrs -- ZERO,  :^)

>(well you asked for some sort of response like this.  You got it.  Would
>you like more and worse?)

:^)  This is a fatal challange......whether Una invites you or not, I
certainly do...go ahead: Make My Day.

Steve   nmodena at unity.ncsu.edu