Children

Lisa Megna lmegna at titan.ucs.umass.edu
Sat May 8 03:05:38 EST 1993

Hello,

I intend to go to graduate school for molecular bio or genetics and then
try to get a job in academia after the required post-docs, etc.  I am
wondering how many women out there have been able to combine a career
in academia with children.  At what point did you have children? (grad
school/post-doc/as a professor/time off).  I am especially concerned
since I will not be out of grad school until at least the age of 30 and it
seems that this career path does not leave much room for children.

You can reply to mye email or by posting.
Thanks

Lisa Megna
lmegna at titan.ucc.umass.edu