Mentoring & women in sci

Sarah Pallas pallas at
Fri May 7 11:52:31 EST 1993

In article <1993May6.230050.17145 at> samodena at (S. A. Modena) writes:
>......on a thousand
>restarts of human-evolution, science and math would have been originated
>and ramified overwhelmingly by MALES, though we know that females CAN be
>capable to the highest degree....

I completely disagree with this statement and I wonder if it was a
serious statement or just meant to be provocative.  Science and math
were co-originated by both genders, but we often don't hear about
female founders because due to societal pressures, they were
discouraged from pursuing scientific careers, and they were often not
given credit for their work.  At least once a week, I hear of some
amazing scientific discovery that was made by a woman decades ago,
under great odds.

Sarah Pallas