Kill

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Sun May 9 13:44:00 EST 1993

pfoster at bu.edu (Patricia Foster) writes:

>instruct "tin" users about the "Kill" command.  At the group
>or page level, press "^K" and follow the instructions.  Users
>of other newreaders and email subscribers will have to find
>their own methods.  The "Kill" function create:s a file that
>will automatically block out articles from the designated
>author.

or subject ... and for nn users it is "K" (shift-k) in article reading
mode, or article selection mode.

this is only in the interest of distributing nn newsreader information.
It is not my support or disaproval for using this function in this specific
case ...  I am of the school that it is best to read all the points
of you, to know what the "others" think ... and to be able to make
an "educated" jugement.  But there are limits (of course ...) ... but
at this time I have nobodies name in my "kill" file, and I hope I'm in
nobodies either ;-)

regards,

francis