Mentors

barbara lewis blewis at helix.nih.gov
Wed May 19 09:19:32 EST 1993

> The flip side of this is
>that senior male scientists may avoid close relationships with young
>female scientists because of the risk and/or suggestion that the
>relationship is sexual rather than collegial. And there are many men
>of a certain age who seem to have trouble dealing with women as
>people.                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 ^^^^^^
>Sorry for the lack of references, it's been several years since I've
>read this material and so it's probably been filtered a bit. I thought
>the history might help the discussion though.
>
>Chris.
>
>___
>Chris Hitchcock			clh at vax.ox.ac.uk
>EGI, Dept of Zoology
>South Parks Road		formerly: chris at psych.toronto.edu
>Oxford OX1 3PS			Still reading UseNet
>ENGLAND				for the signatures.

Or more appropriately, dealing with women as their equals!  Another possible
occurrance is that male scientists are unable to accept women on their
accomplishments and merits without feeling a bit threatened.  Just a
thought on the topic...

Barb
--
Barbara Lewis             blewis at helix.nih.gov        Hybridoma Data Bank