SURVEY-2nd request

K. Durack kdurack at dante.nmsu.edu
Tue May 25 11:00:55 EST 1993

I'm still looking for participants for the Usenet survey I mentioned in a
couple of earlier messages.  Quite a few people have responded (THANKS!),
but the number of responses is still very low.

To clarify a bit: this SHORT survey explores Usenet news reader response
patterns.  If you read Usenet News, you qualify as a participant.

The survey is enclosed with this message for your convenience.  If you
wanted to participate but didn't think you were eligible, PLEASE
PARTICIPATE.  If you've already sent in your response and have other
friends you think might be willing to participate, please pass this
message along.

Results will be presented at the upcoming EDUCOM conference.  I will also
make results known to interested participants and/or generally available
on the net (depending on interest).

Thanks again to those who have already responded--and I hope to hear from
a lot more of you out there!

USENET NEWS READER RESPONSE SURVEY

Please answer each of the following questions beginning on the line with
the # then return this file via electronic mail to kdurack at nmsu.edu

1. EXPERIENCE: How long have you been reading or participating in netnews?
   Answer with approximate number of months, i.e., an answer 12 = one year
#

2. FREQUENCY OF ACCESS:  On average, how often do you access netnews?
   (Once a day, once a week, etc.)
#

3. GROUPS FOLLOWED: How many newsgroups do you follow regularly? Answer in
   numerals (1,2,3, etc.) rather than spelled numbers (one, two, three)
#

4. POST FREQUENCY: How often do you post to netnews? Answer 1-5 where
   Never=1, rarely=2, sometimes=3, frequently=4, very frequently=5
#

5. POST TYPE: What kind of messages do you usually post?  Answer 1-4 where
   Questions=1, Answers=2, Comments=3, and Other=4
#

6. E-MAIL RESPONSE FREQUENCY: How often do you send private electronic mail
   Never=1, rarely=2, sometimes=3, frequently=4, very frequently=5
#

7. GENDER: Answer M=1 or  F=2
#

8. ETHNICITY: Please indicate your ethnicity where Black=1, Asian=2,
   Hispanic=3, White=4, Other=5. (If Other, please specify)
#

9. DISABILITY: Do you have a disability? Answer Yes=1 or No=2
#

10. Please explain why you read netnews and what you like most about it:
#