Katherine Kaye, FLS

AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Nov 8 18:18:07 EST 1993

It remains entirely unclear to whom your message about "Women in Science"
was addressed. However, as I have expressed intention of doing precisely
what is discussed, I wish to clarify from my own perspective.

First, who says I'm not aware of the books you mention?

Second, I happen to know a number of feminist authors. Do you "link up"
with everyone working in your field and publish as a group? Or do you
like to do your own work? I never said that I thought I had discovered a
"neat topic". I happen to think that my angle is different. And not
because I am a male. Maybe we should reserve judgement until the result is
in.

Third, the fact that I am a man is entirely irrelevant to the issue. If you
happen to think that only women know about women's issues, YOU are arrogant
and naive.

Finally, don't call me "buddy" unless you're my personal friend, and I won't
call you "sweetie".

Ricardo Azpiroz.