Katherine Kaye's reply

AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Nov 10 11:06:37 EST 1993

Katherine:
I am truly sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I find your points, as now
expressed, well taken and I agree with many of the things you say. I suppose
you are correct in saying that my mentioning a project on the network opens
it up for discussion, and that is a good thing. It is also true that I have not
given much detail about my intentions or goals, but on the other hand, I am
not (yet) ready to ask for much input; this whole thing is still in a very
embryonic stage, and first I want to find out if it is at all feasible. I wil
l say, however, that in a sense I do consider this "my baby", but as conceived
the "book" will be nothing if not collective. My intended role is that of a
catalyst; not a theorist or political editorialist. Enough said.

I just want to add in closing that my problem also wasn't you, but rather the
agressive tone of your message. But I hope we can let that remain in the past.

Ricardo Azpiroz.

PS: I also don't mean to imply that the world needs me to catalyze this.
What happened is this: An idea (novel or not) came to me. And I know that
somebody else will come up with it too. I would simply like to try and be the
one who does it.