Women and e-mail

DRAEGER at WINROCK.ORG DRAEGER at WINROCK.ORG
Thu Sep 16 08:18:45 EST 1993

I found the comments about women using E-mail to be very interesting. This
subject came up earlier when Una Smith urged us to expand from this net
into the larger scientific net. So tell me what are the advantages of using
the system at large? I have been on a number of nets for some time and have
hardly encountered subjects that I would feel the need to comment on or
question. Am I on the wrong nets? Or do I simply not understand the
importance of being connected to the greater scientific community? I am
serious when I say that I would like to know the advantages and benfits of
using and contributing to system. Is this a new version of the "old boys"
network?
Kathy

Draeger at Winrock.org  (formerly kdraeger at soils.umn.edu)