searching for a terrific mentor!!

Andrea Hanes Ousley anhaou at med.unc.edu
Tue Sep 21 19:47:55 EST 1993

I will be moving to the greater Philly area within the next year and plan
to do a postdoc there.  While most of my experience is as a basic
scientist in the field of neuroscience, and I would be happy remaining in
this field, I also want to look for research positions where the work is
more directly related to understanding the etiology of disease and
identifying targets for treatment (in neuroscience or another field such
as cancer research).  What I am searching for above all is an environment
that is intellectually stimulating, where people work together in a mostly
copperative (as opposed to negatively competitive) manner, and where there
is the possibility of excellent training and mentorship.  Does anyone know
any terrific labs (in academe or industry) to recommend?!!  Many thanks!!