Women and minority candidates for faculty positions

DELFINO R horvath at ucsvax.sdsu.edu
Mon Apr 11 19:05:00 EST 1994

In article <Co3Is9.EuM at mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu            writes...
>Hello Netters,
>
>In several committees that I have been involved with, the topic of how
>to increase the number of women and minorities in faculty positions has
>come up several times (because there is a strong desire to do so not only
>University-wide, but also in the School of Agriculture where I am situated)
  [snip]
>*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.		Phone	= (317)-494-8284	*
>*  Dept. of Food Science		FAX	= (317)-494-7953	*
>*  Purdue University		E-mail	= muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu	*
>*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907                                        	*

I don't have a specific comment but just wanted to point
out that the March 11, 1994 volume of *Science* has a
section devoted to women in science which discusses
many of these same issues (such as childbearing, child
care availability, role models, etc).  It also
profiles different countries and the vast differences
in the proportion of scientists who are women between
countries.  I found it very interesting and thought
some of you might too...

horvath at ucsvax.sdsu.edu
Carol Horvath