cope

K. Nelson KXN4 at psuvm.psu.edu
Thu Aug 4 19:57:27 EST 1994

How long was your maternity leave?  I took 2 months off completely...well I
mostly called the lab to see how things were progressing and occasionally
I stuck my head in.  Then I went back part-time for 3 months and worked at
home (writing, data analysis).  It was still chaotic but my son has just
turned one and life has its routine now.  I was a basket case for the first
2-3 months-- No sleep and 24 hr feeding.  I kept telling myself that it would
get better and it has.  I can even contemplate having another!
Hang in there.  Babies grow up too fast.
K. Nelson