children and careers

mcolbert at GENETICS.COM mcolbert at GENETICS.COM
Tue Aug 9 06:43:09 EST 1994

Hello all,

I feel that I must reiterate what Candace Timpte said about HAVING KIDS WHEN
YOU WANT TO HAVE THEM.  I, too, put off having them, not for very long, but
apparently a little too long and am now struggling with a multiple miscarriage
problem.  I am only 29, and I started trying to start my family at 27.  So
these types of situations happen even to those not yet in their 30's.  I
really really really (can't stress that enough) wish I had started trying
earlier.  Maybe things would have worked better then, maybe not.  But if
having a family is important to you, you will find the time.  Just ask women
who got pregnant by accident - it works out.  I just want to prevent people
from having to suffer like Candace and I are right now.  I realize that many
of you won't understand what we are going through - I have friends who were
experiencing fertility problems before me, and although I felt for them, I
could not really empathize until my problems began.  You can't predict the
future of course, but be careful.  Don't put it off for too long.  And good
luck.

(Just MHO, of course)

			-Maureen