Life Angst, or is there life outside lab and should ther

Midori Anne Yenari yenari at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Aug 12 00:09:45 EST 1994

I agree that life as a post-doc, grad student, academia
 in general is fairly draining. I'm now a post-doc, but
 I just finished 4 years of residency training following
 medical school. My advice to anyone is that it is important
 to take some time out for yourself to do things that you
 enjoy doing outside of your work. I find going for a short
 hike or a run helps clear my mind. There's nothing wrong
with taking a few nights off to see a movie, play or
concert, learn to bake bread--whatever. This kind of thinking
 helped me through residency training and it still applies to
life in the laboratory. It's great to be focused and
dedicated, but it's also good to do things that please your, too!

may