Other interests in grad school

Lisa A. Megna megna at world.std.com
Sun Aug 14 19:52:47 EST 1994

In sort of a followup to the thread about having a life outside of the
lab...I will hopefully be entering a PhD program in Molecular Biology
in Fall 1995.  One of my undergrad majors was Russian and I spent the
last year studying in Russia and I have a strong desire to continue
my study of Russian while in graduate school.  How responsive are
graduate schools to students taking courses outside of their disciplines?
Has anyone spent part of their graduate training abroad?  Someday in the
future I would like to combine both my scientific and language interests
and I am interested in learning how difficult this will be.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Megna                               "Manuscripts don't burn"
megna at world.std.com
                              - Woland in Bulgakov's "Master and Margarita"