married...in grad school...w/children

"Tammy" L. Roust troust at lust.ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 15 00:24:18 EST 1994

In article <32mf44$edo at tierra.santafe.ede>,
C. A. Stewart <cheryl at wijiji.santafe.edu> wrote:
>>"Watch?? I'm gonna pray, Man!  Know any good religions?" -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
>
>Well, the Methodists are the only ones I know that take equality between
>the sexes seriously, and who have done so for a very long time.

	Aren't you forgetting the Congregationalists? They`ve been ordaining
women since their inception in 1863.  Furthermore, women are ministers at
a great many churches.  The national head is a woman, as well as the head
of the South Dakota UCC (Congregationalists).  They have a HUGE church
in Berkeley, where a woman is also minister.  This is definitely different
from my Catholic upbringing.  I was delighted this summer when I heard
an 82 year old Congregationalist minister espousing some ideas that I
thought were rather radical, like, Jesus Christ was just a figurehead
and the Virgin Birth is a myth.

Tammy
troust at ugcs.caltech.edu

--
"Watch?? I'm gonna pray, Man!  Know any good religions?" -- Zaphod Beeblebrox