Advice for soon-to-be postdoc?

Diqui LaPenta diqui at pathogen.med.umn.edu
Wed Aug 24 11:32:04 EST 1994

Hello everyone,

I have posted here before regarding my doubts about finishing my Ph.D. in Microbiology, and I received many very helpful replies. As the subjest line implies,
I have finished my Ph.D. and will begin postdoctoral research next month. I am
posting now to ask the sage advice of readers again. Other than "work smart and
get lots of publications", are there any other practical suggestions for someonestarting on a new phase of her scientific career?

You may post your replies or e-mail directly to me

diqui at lenti.med.umn.edu

Thanks!

Diqui La Penta
University of Minnesota, Microbiology