areal scientists

But my good woman, you are a man! ADREGER at UCS.INDIANA.EDU
Sun Aug 28 18:08:12 EST 1994

Muriel Lederman's point seems important to me -- that using the idea of
"real scientist" is one way to throw some subjective power around.

And (sorry I didn't note the name) someone else said that a real scientist
is someone who does real science -- sorry, I don't know what that means.
The more I think about it, the more confused I am about what all the
"scientists" have in common.  This is not meant to put the profession
down in any way -- I just wonder what makes some things "science"
and others not, some people "scientists" and others not.  It obviously
matters, as Muriel noted.

Alice Dreger
Indiana U.