a new topic

Janet Ott ottj at ELWHA.EVERGREEN.EDU
Mon Aug 29 12:17:15 EST 1994

I'll answer this one on the net, as it's less personal to me and also, I'
ll sing Maria Pelligrini's praises anytime.  She's terrific and you can
tell her I said so, although I doubt if she would remember me.  I'm also
glad to know that she is doing well, as she got cancer in the early 80's
and we were all worried about her.  If you want to work for Maria and can
find something that fits with her work, go for it.  She's terrific.  And
as a Post doc, fewer of the horrible things I said about USC would
apply.  There are some folks in the NIBS program to watch out for, but
most are terrific.  Lou Byerly is also great as is Chein Ping Ko, and less
sexist men you will not find.  I don't know anything about the BE program
so can't help there.  Good luck.  I'm interested in what you decide.

Janet Ott, Ph. D.  Lab I The Evergreen State College  Olympia Wa.  98505