married...in grad school...with children

Laurel Bernstein lbernstein at isisph.com
Mon Aug 29 10:10:39 EST 1994

In article <33ojk8$88s at tierra.santafe.ede> cheryl at wijiji.santafe.edu (C. A. Stewart) writes:
>From: cheryl at wijiji.santafe.edu (C. A. Stewart)
>Subject: Re: married...in grad school...with children
>Date: 27 Aug 1994 23:52:40 GMT

>In article <33m161$qu2 at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy Quinones) writes:
>>In article <33l6vh$r1d at tierra.santafe.ede> cheryl at wijiji.santafe.edu (C. A. Stewart) writes:

>None of it personally directed against Ms. Cathy, but generally pointing
>out that women scientists who don't even have the right to call themselves
>a scientist yet (no Ph.D.) yet seem to think they know everything about
>what it meanst to be a woman in science...

You must not think Gertrude Elion is a scientist either since she lacks a
Ph.D. I'm glad the Nobel committee used a different definition.

>What achievement?  Getting close to finishing your undergraduate degree?

Why is this not an achievement? I think people at all levels deserve all the
support we can give them. Particularly in this newsgroup, I'd hoped to see a
little more support for young women in science.

Just my $.02.

Laurel Bernstein -- lbernstein at isisph.com
These are my opinions- you can get your own
UUENCODED by Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]

BEGIN--cut here--cut here----
begin 640 sig.txt
M+2T-"DQA=7)E;"!"97)N<W1E:6X at +2T@;&)E<FYS=&5I;D!I<VES<&@N8V]M
M#0I4:&5S92!A<F4@;7D@;W!I;FEO;G,M('EO=2!C86X at 9V5T('EO=7(@;W=N