Too Late for Medical Career?

Amber Denker amber at jaguar.esd.sgi.com
Mon Feb 7 21:23:13 EST 1994

I am interested in hearing from people who have had
or know of specific experiences about starting a medical
career in their mid-30's.

I am interested in pursuing a career in medicine
and am already 34 yrs old. If I were to go to
medical school I would be 37yrs old when I got in.

Do you think this is a practical consideration?
I believe it's too late for research positions
which is alright since I'm mostly interested in
patient contact.

Are there specific schools that are not biased
against age? (I know none *should* be...)

Amber Denker		415.390-1915		    amber at sgi.com