homophobia

unknown at dl.ac.uk unknown at dl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 11:07:37 EST 1994

Regarding the thread on the unknown lesbian woman-in-bio:

As Karen K. said, I can't imagine what it would be like to be afraid to talk
about my personal life here at school. To pretend that you are some thing
different than who you really are must be hard. Graduate school can be
really rough at times even without that kind of pressure.

There have been times when I've (and others, perhaps?) felt alone and isolated
for various reasons so perhaps I can understand to minor degree. (I'm sure
I'm talking different orders of magnitude here however).

Hang in there and I hope you do go on for your Phd. I'd like to think that
most scientists would be enlightened enough not to be homophobic....but I
suppose that would be wishful thinking.

Gina
4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu