unknown, lesbian,etc.

Wendy Mary Shaw wms93 at aber.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 04:41:20 EST 1994

At last some actual discussion on this group!!!!!

I am at present a Phd student working for once in a lab where there are
three female postgrads out of 7 postgrads/postdocs working.
What I wanted to say is that altough a heterosexual myself I know a lot
of lesbians due to the sport I play (womens rugby), although it has the
image of having to be gay to play this is a load of rubbish. But there is
never pressure (well I haven't seen that much, but perhaps I'm naive) to
change the way you are, and I'm sure, correcttion I know it goes on in
most sports. Anyway, I
think that it should be a persons character and professional out look and
not their sexual orientation that should matter. But there again with most
profs being male and only just accepting the idea that women have a place in
science its a bit of a big pill to swallow. However a gay male friend who
came "out" at Uni has gone on to a Phd which involves a lot of lecturing
and tutoring to undergrads has made it very clear to colleagues and
students that he is gay.
	So dear unknown GO FOR IT and s*d what people say/think !
All the best,

W.

These opinions are mine own and reflect no one elses.