pregnancy and travel

lappel at eagle.wesleyan.edu lappel at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Thu Jan 13 12:03:02 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan12.001733.25584 at ohsu.edu>, nishir at ohsu.edu writes:
> (most deleted) . . .  I don't think its anybody's business <= GUESS AGAIN!
> other than my doctor's and mine to determine whether I'm about to have a baby
> or not.  What is your recent experience out there regarding traveling by air
> when pregnant?
>
> Rae Nishi
> OHSU
> Portland OR

Have you checked with your insurance company?  I got a cute little letter from
my HMO saying "Congratulations. Your doctor has informed us you are expecting
. . . here is some information on books and classes . . . here is our
hospitalization policy . . . and, by the way, if you travel outside of our
service area after 35 weeks gestation and happen to go into labor and need
medical attention, we won't pay for it."
	I guess that's what managed care is about.  It does keep the rates
down, but I did find that a nasty little squib, buried at the end of the letter
that way.
	Good luck with your travels.
Laurel F. Appel (+ extra passenger)