advisor w/ nose in sexlife

ewingd at omrf.uokhsc.edu ewingd at omrf.uokhsc.edu
Fri Jan 14 10:29:14 EST 1994

If your advisor, or potential advisor, has a poor attitude toward women,
I suggest staying anonymous and asking the people in this newsgroup for
suggestions on other people to study under.

I observe that staying with an advisor with a bad habit will very probably
get you jobs or postdocs with people with the same bad habit.  I understand
the problem of wanting the job or the knowledge and putting up with a bad
habit because if you report the person (expletive deleted) then you lose no
matter what.

I think that it is not worth your career to stay at a place.  It may be worth
the time, effort, & perhaps separation from significant others to be able
to move on in your field.  This is an individual's choice.

Again, I suggest posting here (and perhaps elsewhere) to find an appropriate
mentor.

D. Ewing   ...stranger than fiction.