genetic counseling programs

unknown at dl.ac.uk unknown at dl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 10:29:48 EST 1994

Hello everyone,
I'm making my first attempt to post to the network.  Specifically,
I am trying to respond to a request by Amy Rae for information
on genetic counseling programs.  Amy, your best bet would be to
contact the National Society of Genetic Counselors
233 Canterbury Drive
Wallingford, PA 19086  (215) 872-7608  I hope this helps, Good Luck!
Now that I'm on I should introduce myself.  My name is Daphne Foreman
and I am currently a postdoc at the University of Michigan.  I am
studying root hair development in Arabidopsis using genetics and
molecular biology.  I am married (to another postdoc in science
which is turning into the dual career nightmare) and I have two
children ages 1 and 3.  I love this network, but have been too
shy to post until now.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the
academic job hunt for couples?  My thesis advisor says just ask
for another position when I interview.  Three others have indicated
that I shouldn't reveal anything about my personal life.  If you have
any contributions I would love to hear them.
Thanks,