Jobhunting for couples

AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Jan 21 02:48:38 EST 1994

Hello, Daphne Foreman. I have also heard both kinds of advice as to whether
or not to mention a job for a spouse when interviewing; I don't know what I
will do when my time comes. Still, I think everyone is getting used to the
idea that two-academic-career couples are becoming more common, so it may not
be as difficult in the future. When I was getting my PhD at Southwestern
Medical Center in Dallas, our Dept. Chairman, Joe Sambrook, began to
actively recruit couples. We gotr some pretty good faculty this way, no
doubt because they had an offer they could not refuse!
By the way, (to Daphne) are you in John Sciefelbein's lab? I'm a postdoc in
Ken Feldmann's lab in Tucson. Small world. See ya.

Ricardo Azpiroz
Plant Sciences
U. Arizona