Any Lesbians out there?

S. PIKE p89144 at cox.nsac.ns.ca
Thu Jan 20 09:47:53 EST 1994

In article <p89144.1 at cox.nsac.ns.ca> p89144 at cox.nsac.ns.ca (S. PIKE) writes:

>I am a recent Grad from and Animal Science degree in Canada.  I feel for
>you.  We lesbians have to stick together and stand up for what we feel is
>right!!
Hi it's me again, This is the first time that I've used this system, so I'm
not real familiar as to how it works, Please bear with me.  I was harrassed
my first year when i lived on residence almost every night, ie. Rude
comments in permanent market on my door!!!! It occured some during my second
year when I lived in a different residence, but I was not as 'present' that
year becasue I spent alot of my time at a friends house off campus.  After
that experince I moved off campus, which whom has now become my partner for
2 years, as of Jan 11.  We have a few gay friends, both women and men, but
mostly women.  We also have one straight women, who knows that we are a
couple and is O.K. with the fact.  It's great because we can actually sit
down and have a heart to heart talk.  I woulds consider her almost a best
friend, and its great that we can communicate with straight people.
Hopefully in time we will be able to open up to other straight frnds and not
be condemned for whowe are.  However, it is not easy, especially at this
college, where you have the good old farm boys who think the women should
stay bare foot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.  I hate that!!!!!!!!!! Why
cant people have an open mind and not discriminate before they actually
know the truth about someone.  My first year at school, when I was being
harrassed I was not "out" I was just starting to realize for myself who I
was! It was very disturbing to me, while at the time I didn't know, who to
turn to, or where to turn.  It was a very trying time in my life.  And it
isn't over yet!  I have been getting alot of 'flack' from my family.  I dont
know what to do,  I've thought about telling them the truth, and leaving
for good, until they feel the need or desire to approach me!!

Any reply's would be welcome

Frustrated Lesbian
Shelly Pike
a.k.a SPIKE