Sexism in Med-School?

Brandi R. French brfrench at wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu
Mon Jan 24 15:18:53 EST 1994

Soon I will be attending medical school, where I hope to be in the company of
intelligent adults.  I just had a disturbing discussion with a friend, also
med school bound.  On a routine visit to her (male) doctor, she shared her
career plans with him. He remarked that she may have a difficult time of it
based on the fact that she is a woman.  What I want to know is if there really
is a negative attitude toward young women entering the medical profession.  Is
it in all areas or just in some specialties?  I have no intention of changing
my plans on the basis of any response I get, I just want to know how much
sexist B.S. I can plan to encounter (and then prove them all WRONG).

Thanks,
Brandi French

brfrench at wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu