trying to connect

JOYCE M. SAVAGE jmsf at Lehigh.EDU
Fri Jan 28 02:51:58 EST 1994

I can relate with several of the recent notes regarding self-doubt and fear of
failure in the world of academia and graduate pursuits.  I too suffer similar
symptoms.  I too am in my second year within a graduate program incompatible
with my long-term goals and interests.  I just came to realize my true
interests are in Oncological research, and I realize that staying in my
present situation / department / university will only further remove me from
this area of interest.  I am presently compiling information pertaining to
Universities studying Cancer...and there are more than you might imagine.  My
strongest interests involve tumoregenesis, viral transformation, oncogenes /
anti-oncogenes, and tumor angiogenesis.  Can anyone recommend any programs
and, or investigators directly involved in any of the aforementioned areas of
research?  Any resources and, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joyce M. Savage
758-5602