hello!

Mandy Caird PhD mandy at DRUID.HSC.COLORADO.EDU
Fri Jul 15 14:19:44 EST 1994

On Fri, 15 Jul 1994, Anne Lodge wrote:

> on the women-in-bio group.  Well, maybe if we start others will join in.
>  I guess just to get things started I'll tell you that I'm a postdoc at
> Vanderbilt University.  I'm on the last year of a fellowship from the
> Multiple Sclerosis Society and trying to figure out what to do next.  The
> last two years haven't been very productive.  I'd like to hear some
> career advice.  I'll check back in a few days.  Hope we can get something
> started here.

If "haven't been very productive" means few publications, I would
consider a second postdoc in an area/group that will increase your
chances of publications.  I lot of techniques and expertise will not help
much in impressing future employers.
Get into a field where you can write grants and establish
yourself....that is if you want to remain in academia!

Good luck,
Mandy (doing a second postdoc!!!)