hello!

Joy Frestedt frest001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Tue Jul 19 12:12:39 EST 1994

Becky, Angie, et al;

Regarding the following;

In message <309aga$ref at news.u.washington.edu> Angeline Kantola writes:
> In article <306t44$27u at chaos.dac.neu.edu>,
> becky norum <bnorum at chaos.dac.neu.edu> wrote:
> >
> >Any thoughts?   Does anyone here ever feel that in becoming a scientists
> >she has had to sacrifice part of her femininity since we do not
> >generally believe that 'feminine' characteristics are also scientific
> >ones?
>
> Becky--
>
> I'm fighting very hard to avoid posting flame-quality sarcasm after reading
> the above paragraph...

I wonder about motherhood and the traditionally 'feminine' characteristic of
mothering;  sometimes I feel as though I sacrifice part of my desire to be a
good mother in order to do science
Joy

Joy Frestedt, PhD candidate in Pathobiology
Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Box 198 UMHC
University of Minnesota
Mpls, MN 55455