grad school

Asha ASRINIV at UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU
Wed Jul 20 10:58:46 EST 1994

Hello!  I agree with Seanna that finding a supportive advisor is quite
important.  It makes life in the lab and in grad school as a whole a lot
less stressful.  I have been in grad school for a year now, working on
my master's and my advisor is often inaccessible for even a quick question.
When I interviewed I didn't notice it, but if I had spoken with other grad
students in the dept. then I would have known.  I guess that is what I would
suggest: talk to the grad students in prospective departments before you
make your final decision.
Good luck,
Asha