confidence and science

Mandy Caird PhD mandy at DRUID.HSC.COLORADO.EDU
Wed Jul 20 09:44:48 EST 1994

Mary
I didn't do a masters.  Go directly to do a PhD, you start earning
faster (it's not much but it beats being a student!) and you don't build
up so much of a dept by doing two postgrads instead of one.
And by the time you're at the Postdoc stage, it doesn't really matter
whether you have a masters or not (I'm in molecular biology - so that may
influence the relevance of a MS).
Good luck,
Mandy