Hi!

Abbie Widin abbiew at cortex.physiol.su.oz.au
Wed Jul 20 20:27:19 EST 1994

I've just started my honours year of an undergraduate degree.  I am in a lab
with definately more men that women, and  I have been really lucky in that
the person I am working with is a woman.  The lab works on a golden boy
system ( the golden boy being the favourite of the time :^< ).  Stupid
hierachies.  But I'm starting a PhD next year, giving a paper at a conference
this year, and am really looking forward to a life in physiology.

As for babies, the head of a lab ( a man ) said that the best time to take
a year off is straight after finishing the PhD.

Good luck for all the women in bio.