Children and Careers

Candace Waddell Candace_Waddell at maclan.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 22 10:27:23 EST 1994

        Reply to:   RE>>Children and Careers
I couldn't agree with Deb more.  I too was "surprised" at what seemed like
the worse time.  I had just started looking for a job.  There is never going
to be a perfect time.  Trust that you will make it work for you.  Your
priorities will change and you will find the needed time.  I don't think any
woman should have to choose between being a scientist or a mother.
Candace

--------------------------------------

Chris, if you wait for the perfect time to have kids, you may never
have them. There is no "perfect" time. I have several friends who
waited too long and are very regretful of putting their careers first.
I, likewise, wanted to wait until the perfect time. I am now very
thankful for the little "surprise" that was born in December. When I
found out I was pregnant, I thought it couldn't have happened at a
worse time (new job across the country, new home, etc). Now that she's
here, I am glad that it happened. Problems always work themselves out.
Deb.